The Mathayom 3 syllabus has been designed based on the Upbeat Intermediate books published by Pearson.
An example of the materials in the student book are shown above (click to open it as a PDF).
Supplementary materials, such as the worksheet above (click to open it as a PDF) are designed by the teachers for each unit.
The Mathayom 3 syllabus for 2016/2017 includes the following areas:
- life stories
- natural world
- in the news
- intensifiers with comparative adjectives
- modal verbs of suggestion, obligation and permission
- present perfect simple with just, already, before, never, ever and yet
- passive tenses
- third conditional
- showing concern and giving reassurance
- reacting to good and bad news
- asking for and giving advice
- speaking on the telephone
- describing and dealing with problems
- apologising for past mistakes
- giving opinions, agreeing and disagreeing
- giving and accepting congratulations
- listening for the mood of the speakers in an interview
- reading a website and summarising the information in a chart
- writing a formal letter of thanks
- listening to a lecture and answering questions on the subject
- writing a website using mixed linkers
- listening for linkers to predict what information is coming next
Students complete 4 portfolios, which contribute to their Mathayom 3 grade.
Select the portfolio title to open an example of each piece of work from 2016/2017.
Students produce a Curriculum Vitae in order to apply for an English teaching job.
Students design a music poster, using future forms, music vocabulary and adjectives of feeling, to advertise an upcoming music festival.
Students use the past tense to write a story about two people who fell in love.